We’ve been very busy since the Kickstarter and apologize for the lack of updates. It was a wild 32 days and was a huge success because of YOU.
So here are the overall results of the campaign. Thanks to our fans, followers, backers, and yes, even due to Mr. Henry Stauf himself Robert Hirschboeck, we achieved the following in the 32 day Kickstarter period:
- Exceeded our Kickstarter goal by over $20k, reaching 150% of funding!
- Obtained Steam Greenlit status in just 11 days.
- Unlocked 3 Stretch goals
- Open House Mode
- Classic Navigation Mode
- Debt-Free Game Production
- Inspired Robert Hirschboeck, Stauf himself, to reprise his role in our game!
We want to take another moment to thank all of those who backed us and all the fans for your support! Without all of you, this game, and this campaign never would have happened. Some of you have been with us since the very beginning, and some of you just discovered The 13th Doll through Kickstarter, but, all of you are appreciated.
There are also more people than we could possibly thank for their individual contributions directly or indirectly to our campaign. Here is a short list that is in no way complete:
- Members of both the original and current Trilobyte team, including Graeme Devine, Rob Landeros, The Fat Man, Charlie McHenry, and Matthew Costello who all backed the game and all did advertising via social media on our behalf.
- Robert Hirschboeck, who is honestly one of the nicest guys in the world and one of the biggest fans and supporters of The 7th Guest franchise. It wouldn’t be the same without his involvement.
- The folks at Big Finish Games, the force behind the Tex Murphy series, for posting about us in their private supporter Facebook group and on their game Steam page.
- Game Boomers for their consistent following of our project over the years.
- Nerdy But Flirty, an amazing group of people overall and probably some of the most passionate gamers you will ever meet.
- Game news outlets including Eurogamer, PC Gamer, and countless international and domestic gaming blogs who have covered our project during the Kickstarter campaign.
- A shout out to Meg Turney who tweeted about us several times and is a HUGE fan of T7G.
- Our friends, family, and anyone else who were absorbed into or impacted by the insanity of the time during the campaign.
- Once again, to all of the fans, this game is for you, and YOU made it possible.
There have been some recent issues with the website which are being sorted out. The majority of that work has been done but, there are still a couple of minor cleanup items.
So What’s Next?
We’ve been doing quite a bit behind the scenes since the campaign ended. We have planned and created some really cool animations outside of the normal game paths and puzzles, after all, what good is the Stauf Mansion without a few surprises here or there? No, we aren’t saying any more than that regarding those, after all, we can’t spoil Mr. Stauf’s fun.
We are also working on finishing up the programming for the last several puzzles, doing any necessary 3D cleanup in the Stauf Mansion, and working on the other in-game locations. Obviously we are also planning out the scheduling and locations for the FMV work and audio recordings. So, there is a good chunk of work ahead of us.
Lastly, we are evaluating the higher-level stretch goals to see which ones we might be able to achieve. The team really wants to see the Stauf mansion on Oculus and on some other platforms. After all, EVERYONE should have access to our game, no matter where they are and what platform they play on. We will determine if we can reach those goals as we go and you will be the first to know when we decide.
So that is it for now. We are again truly thankful for all of your support and help, and will continue to keep you updated on our progress. More will be coming soon!
-The 13th Doll Team